Final Semester

So I'm getting settled into this semester. I'm really loving classes we are just finishing our Colossians class and we are in the middle of our Daniel/Revelation class and our Pastoral Epistles class. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to set aside time in my life to focus on God and learn as much as I can about him through his Word.

Any of you that are friends with me on facebook probably saw that I'm engaged. Chrissy and I are planning on getting married this summer. We haven't set a date in stone yet, but we're pretty sure it will be June 26th here in Michigan. After the wedding though we will be living in or around Millersburg for a little while before visiting with her home church and going to the Missions Training Center in Missouri. I think right now we're planning on doing some type of reception in Millersburg so that anyone who wanted to be at the wedding and couldn't make it will be able to celebrate with us then.

I'm working on compiling an address book so if anyone wants or will want updates from us in the future should email me at don.chubb3@gmail.com and say, "hey, I want updates."

Please pray for both Chrissy and I that we will be able to focus on school as best we can while planning a wedding. I hope that during this time at school I won't be coasting through, but that I'll finish strong and be well equipped for what lies ahead of me.

Also please pray that we will be able to go to a tribe someday. There are a lot of people who finish the training and want to go. They are ready to go, but they don't have enough money or their child gets sick or somebody's parent needs constant attention...the list goes on of reasons why they can't go. But I hope that when I get to the point where I'm ready to move into a tribe that there won't be anything preventing me from getting there and keeping me there.

Something I have been learning through a couple classes and just in general by talking with other students and staff is this. The Christian life is passive as well as active. It is God who works within us to will and to do according to his good pleasure, but just before that we're commanded to work out our own salvation* with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12-13). Also in Romans we are told that we have been crucified with Christ and are dead to sin, (we have been released from sin's power over us) but we are commanded to reckon it to be true and to yield to the fact that it is true (Rom 6). So as we live our lives we need to be consciously working out our own freedom from sin while God works in us...Anyway, I just thought that was something cool I would share.


*Salvation is threefold 1. Salvation from the penalty of sin (justification), 2. Salvation from the power of sin (sanctification), and finally 3. salvation from the presence of sin (glorification- still future). In this instance Paul is talking about freedom from the power of sin.

Popular Posts