Back in Jackson

Hey everyone,

Well, I made it back to school safely and I’m pretty well adjusted back to this time zone. I’m already loving my classes; I’m in 2 Corinthians, Romans, and Hebrews all at the same time. I love it! Right now we’re going through Romans and breaking it down into main categories. I never realized how much you get out of a book when you have to evaluate and really chew on what is being said. A lot of times I would read in the New Testament and not really know what was going on because I didn’t have the historical context or know the situation in the churches that Paul writes to. And I wouldn’t really chew the Word; I just kind of read it to read it and get the big picture idea of what was going on. All that to say that I’m loving the way that I’m getting to digest Romans right now.

In other news I’m going to start attending a church close by. I’m going there so that I can plug in and possibly do some teaching in the youth group. They have already communicated that they like having us NTBI students there because it helps to ground the church in better doctrine. I hope that the Lord uses me in ministry in this local body.

I plan on coming home over Labor Day weekend. It will be nice to actually spend some time at home with my family and see people I didn’t get to see when I got back from PNG.

Well, that’s all I have to say for now…Oh please pray that I’ll continue to have work here in Jackson. I have a job with an older man who still does some construction projects but I’m not sure that it’s real steady work so pray that I’ll have the opportunity to work while I’m here.

In Christ,
don

Popular Posts